The Call for Proposals on Rural Renaissance has been launched within the EU Horizon 2020 Programme. The deadline to submit proposals is 22 January 2020.
The objective of this call is to enhance the natural, social, cultural and economic potential of rural areas and support policy coherence.
The call supports the following topics:
- closing nutrient cycles (budget EUR 16 million);
- connecting consumers and producers in innovative agri-food supply chains (budget EUR 9 million);
- innovative agri-food value chains: boosting sustainability-oriented competitiveness (budget EUR 21 million);
- reducing food losses and waste along the agri-food value chain (budget EUR 12 million);
- knowledge exchange (budget EUR 10 million);
- sustainable wood value chains (budget EUR 10 million);
- agricultural markets and international trade in the context of sustainability objectives (budget EUR 4 million).
This call is open to SMEs, academia and public sector organizations.
The Call for Proposals is enclosed and details about the Call are available at: https://ec.europa.eu/info/funding-tenders/opportunities/portal/screen/opportunities/topic-search;freeTextSearchKeyword=;typeCodes=1;statusCodes=31094501,31094502;programCode=H2020;programDivisionCode=null;focusAreaCode=null;crossCuttingPriorityCode=null;callCode=H2020-RUR-2018-2020;sortQuery=openingDate;orderBy=asc;onlyTenders=false;topicListKey=topicSearchTablePageState
Through the Horizon 2020 Programme, the European Union seeks to renew relevant policies dealing with rural areas and their analytical support tools. It will develop synergies between the main economic sectors of rural areas, strengthen the sustainable development of food and non-food chains making use of territorial assets, support the development of the circular economy in rural areas, develop a comprehensive approach towards digitisation as an enabler of rural economies, improve the agricultural knowledge and innovation systems (AKIS) in Europe so as to boost innovation and the delivery of the European Innovation Partnership.