Within their Joint Programme 'Democratic and Inclusive School Culture in Operation' (DISCO), the European Union and the Council of Europe have published a Call to Promote Education for Democratic Citizenship and Human Rights Education (EDC/HRE). The deadline to submit project proposals is 15 December 2019.
This Call supports two thematic priorities:
- Competences for democratic culture in education institutions
- Fostering democratic and inclusive culture in education institutions with a particular focus on creating opportunities for migrants, refugees and minorities.
The immediate project outputs may include:
- new or revised curricula;
- innovative pedagogical methods and approaches;
- innovative internal and external assessment methods;
- teaching materials, educational resources, study courses, teacher-training tools;
- whole-school approach scenarios;
- strategies to build resilience to radicalisation;
- peer learning.
Project activities may include:
- focus group meetings;
- training activities;
- production of visual materials;
- peer review activities;
- peer learning activities.
Any public or private non-profit organisation active in the field of education for democratic citizenship and human rights education will be eligible applicant.
The budget for this call is EUR 500,000.
Details about the Call are available at: https://pjp-eu.coe.int/en/web/charter-edc-hre-pilot-projects/call-for-project-proposals-2020-2021.
The Joint Programme 'Democratic and Inclusive School Culture in Operation' (DISCO) was launched in May 2013 under the name 'Human Rights and Democracy in Action' by the Council of Europe and the European Commission. It provides funding to enable at least three States party to the European Cultural Convention to cooperate on projects of common interest within the field of education for democratic citizenship and human rights education (EDC/HRE). At least one of the states should be a member of the European Union.